Installation problem
(25-Jun-2024, 01:21 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(14-Jun-2024, 12:54 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: @lzyla , welcome to the forum.  Yes, SnakeOil has changed significantly since then.

Most of us on the forum do not have the deep technical knowledge to help. We tend to use external volume control on a real environment, not virtual. Unfortunately @agent_kith, the developer, has been focused on work, and not sure when he can reply to your query.
I'm actually pretty angry (or maybe depressed?) for the past 4 weeks and nearly resigned today.. That may still happen eventually as I'm not convinced after a special meeting I asked for this morning. At the end of the day I've made the decision that my mental health will come first (I guess putting food on the table isn't that important any more Rolleyes). Right now I've lost the motivation/drive to continue working after I'm home, I've kind of don't even want to turn on the computers now. 

But hopefully that'll mindset will change and I can go back to 2-5 hours of Snakeoil work after work.

Please take care, AK.

(25-Jun-2024, 01:21 PM)agent_kith Wrote: I'm actually pretty angry (or maybe depressed?) for the past 4 weeks and nearly resigned today.
Strongly suggest you take a few weeks off to reset, smell the roses. Life's too short to let work define you this way.

(25-Jun-2024, 01:21 PM)agent_kith Wrote: But hopefully that'll mindset will change and I can go back to 2-5 hours of Snakeoil work after work.
After your break, would love to see back.  I believe that there is enough for 1.4.0 which may include:
  • Ubuntu 24.04
  • Option for installing CamillaDSP including its GUI
  • Real time kernel for Bookworm; and leverage Ubuntu 24.04 RT kernel
  • CD ripping
  • Fixes to 1.3.0 including updating LMS, Squeezelite, Jriver, fix myMpd etc.
I am bullish about SnakeOil after going through a series of hurdles and comparisons.  It easily beat moOde and even a commercial streamer costing a few thousand dollars.  I hope to promote it on SNA with a new thread which says "A $150 Pi5 running SnakeOil will embarrass many expensive streamers".  If they do not have or want a Pi5, people can still try SnakOil on a USB stick. It will open up many more eyes (or ears?) to SnakeOil.

(01-Jul-2024, 12:38 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(25-Jun-2024, 01:21 PM)agent_kith Wrote: I'm actually pretty angry (or maybe depressed?) for the past 4 weeks and nearly resigned today.
Strongly suggest you take a few weeks off to reset, smell the roses. Life's too short to let work define you this way.

(25-Jun-2024, 01:21 PM)agent_kith Wrote: But hopefully that'll mindset will change and I can go back to 2-5 hours of Snakeoil work after work.
After your break, would love to see back.  I believe that there is enough for 1.4.0 which may include:
  • Ubuntu 24.04
  • Option for installing CamillaDSP including its GUI
  • Real time kernel for Bookworm; and leverage Ubuntu 24.04 RT kernel
  • CD ripping
  • Fixes to 1.3.0 including updating LMS, Squeezelite, Jriver, fix myMpd etc.
I am bullish about SnakeOil after going through a series of hurdles and comparisons.  It easily beat moOde and even a commercial streamer costing a few thousand dollars.  I hope to promote it on SNA with a new thread which says "A $150 Pi5 running SnakeOil will embarrass many expensive streamers".  If they do not have or want a Pi5, people can still try SnakOil on a USB stick. It will open up many more eyes (or ears?) to SnakeOil.

Hi Guys,      I was looking for anything new in the Forum and stumbled across this thread.   AgentKieth,  I'm so sorry that your dealing with all this work garbage,   I was wondering nothing had been updated in a while.    Now that I see this,  I understand,   As this is a small project more or less run by a small number of folks (you and snoopy I think)   it is completly understadable.  While I eagerly await any updates or imporivements to snakeoil,  I'm certain that all of us users would agree, you need to take care of your own personal sanity.   I won't speak for anyone else,  but if there is any  snake oil work you need done that I can help,  please reach out.  I am not a programmer,   but I can write content if you have a need for anything like that.   Please,  grab yourself a "cold-one" and try to have a chill, Snake oil is near perfect and can wait.

Tim
NJ, USA
[-] The following 1 user Likes Coacharnold's post:
  • Snoopy8

(07-Jul-2024, 09:37 PM)Coacharnold Wrote: As this is a small project more or less run by a small number of folks (you and snoopy I think)   it is completly understadable. 
My role is "spammer patrol" and holding the fort while AK recovers and rediscovers his passion.

(07-Jul-2024, 09:37 PM)Coacharnold Wrote: I won't speak for anyone else,  but if there is any  snake oil work you need done that I can help,  please reach out.  I am not a programmer,   but I can write content if you have a need for anything like that.  
Thank you. If we can help AK with the time and effort to maintain the Wiki, that would be good.  AK will need to give you access.

(07-Jul-2024, 09:37 PM)Coacharnold Wrote: Snake oil is near perfect
I agree. Just fixing the bugs in 1.3 will be enough for me...

(08-Jul-2024, 07:43 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(07-Jul-2024, 09:37 PM)Coacharnold Wrote: I won't speak for anyone else,  but if there is any  snake oil work you need done that I can help,  please reach out.  I am not a programmer,   but I can write content if you have a need for anything like that.  
Thank you. If we can help AK with the time and effort to maintain the Wiki, that would be good.  AK will need to give you access.

Hey Snoopy ....   RE: Above .... the wiki drives me nutz  there are things in there seriously lacking.   For example,  Ive been looking at  HQPlayer for a while,  it would make sense to even just have some links pointing to their web site.   You tell me .. happy to help.   Ive got an Ironman in 2 weeks (less than)  so I may be a little out of touchat some point for a bit.

(09-Jul-2024, 08:33 AM)Coacharnold Wrote: the wiki drives me nutz  there are things in there seriously lacking.   For example,  Ive been looking at  HQPlayer for a while,  it would make sense to even just have some links pointing to their web site.   You tell me .. happy to help.  
The Wiki is as good as what people use, and I don't use HQPlayer. Smile

Can you try logging into the Wiki and see whether you can edit the HQPlayer page.  Can't remember whether AK has enabled all users to edit or he needs to give access? If the latter, then will have to wait.