Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: LMS playing DFF files sampling rate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Long time Snakeoil OS server user here but first week moving to snakeoil in pi moving from moode. got an odd question because I don't know how moode settings work. and I actually can't believe it work but in moode using LMS playing DFF files it sends a PCM 384hz stream that my Dac (audio gd NOS 7) can play. in Snakeoil OS with Sueezelite R2 it sends out a 192Khz file with lots of hiss. is there a setting to change the sampling rate when playing a DSD file (DFF File)
Didn't realise you were a member from long time ago!

Suggest you first of all download latest version of Squeezelite R2 and replace it.

Download Squeezelite R2 from https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclie...ite/linux/
tar -xvf squeezelite-2.0.0.1465-aarch64.tar.gz
sudo mv /var/www/players/Squeezelite-R2/squeezelite-R2 /var/www/players/Squeezelite-R2/squeezelite-R2-old
sudo mv squeezelite /var/www/players/Squeezelite-R2/squeezelite-R2

Then, in LMS settings, check that DSD plugin is enabled. Also, in Advanced tab, file types, DSD, DSD should be native.

Didn't realise you were a member from long time ago!

Suggest you first of all download latest version of Squeezelite R2 and replace it.

Download Squeezelite R2 from https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclie...ite/linux/
tar -xvf squeezelite-2.0.0.1465-aarch64.tar.gz
sudo mv /var/www/players/Squeezelite-R2/squeezelite-R2 /var/www/players/Squeezelite-R2/squeezelite-R2-old
sudo mv squeezelite /var/www/players/Squeezelite-R2/squeezelite-R2

Then, in LMS settings, check that DSD plugin is enabled. Also, in Advanced tab, file types, DSF, DFF should be native.
@Snoopy8  yeah long time user on the server side I think quite close to the birth on snakeoil so long I forgot I have log in to this forum Smile anyway tried the upgrade still have hiss problem. my alsa settings should be the same as my moode but do you know what file in LMS that control output sample rate? If I know which file control this I can compare with moode has
(16-Sep-2024, 08:57 AM)mloutfie Wrote: [ -> ]@Snoopy8  yeah long time user on the server side I think quite close to the birth on snakeoil so long I forgot I have log in to this forum Smile anyway tried the upgrade still have hiss problem. my alsa settings should be the same as my moode but do you know what file in LMS that control output sample rate? If I know which file control this I can compare with moode has

Have you tried DOP vs Native in SnakeOil Player setting?  My DSF are converted to PCM by LMS (for use with room correction, which has bigger impact than playing native). So, I am not familiar with the intricacies of LMS and DSD.
Yes I have tried both DOP and native. what do you use to convert DSF to PCM? is it DSDPlayer? that's what I'm using. But somehow moode can force squezelite output to 32 Bit and 384khz when outputting DSD where snakeoilos only does 192khz
(16-Sep-2024, 03:38 PM)mloutfie Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I have tried both DOP and native. what do you use to convert DSF to PCM? is it DSDPlayer? that's what I'm using. But somehow moode can force squezelite output to 32 Bit and 384khz when outputting DSD where snakeoilos only does 192khz
Using LMS to convert DSF to PCM.

In LMS settings, Advanced tab, file types, DSF, DFF set to disabled.

One more thing.  Have you manually updated LMS to 8.5.2?

Also please have a look at this thread, which may give you clues to your earlier question on controlling output?
https://forums.slimdevices.com/forum/use...p2-pcm512x